We invite you to attend the 8th International RAIS Conference on Social Sciences organized by Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (RAIS) which will be held at Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center in Washington, DC, March 26-27, 2018.
The Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (RAIS) creates an ample research platform for academics and researchers from all around the world and offers them the opportunity to create lasting relations for future collaborations. RAIS encourages academics and researchers to share their experiences and to contribute to the developing of diverse subjects, offering them the perspective of an interdisciplinary approach.
Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center – 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC, 20057, USA
Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center is located on the campus of Georgetown University in Washington, DC, easily accessible from the area airports, Union Station and major highways.
- Abstract submission deadline: February 25, 2018
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: 1 week after submission
- Extended abstract/full paper/poster deadline: March 16, 2018
- Registration deadlines for authors: March 21, 2018
- Conference Days: March 26-27, 2018
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Politics and International Relations
- Law, Jurisprudence
- Economics, Management and Business Studies, History of Economics
- Science and Technology Studies
- Religious Studies
- Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy
- Education, Social Anthropology, and Linguistics
- Social Policy and Social Work and Social History
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Methods and Computing, Development Studies
- Geography and Environmental Planning
We encourage academics to send their articles and abstracts on interdisciplinary studies.
TYPES OF YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS
ORAL PRESENTATION (Attending in person)
Each presentation, made by one or more speakers, must be prepared in English and should be no longer than 15 minutes, afterward, we will have around five minutes for questions and answers. We recommend delivering a PowerPoint presentation of your research work on the conference day. You can save a copy of your presentation in your email and also bring your presentation on a USB stick.
POSTER PRESENTATION (Attending in person)
Poster sessions will provide an opportunity for researchers to display the results and conclusions of their papers in the form a visual poster presentation. All posters will be displayed for the duration of the conference.
VIRTUAL PRESENTATION (Not-attending authors)
RAIS allows the authors of accepted papers the same publication opportunities as regular presenters. If you are unable to attend the conference, RAIS offers you three virtual presentation options: Recorded Video Presentation, PowerPoint Presentation with voice-over, or Live Via Skype.
PAPER ONLY (Not-attending authors)
If you want your paper to be published in the RAIS Conference Proceedings, without attending the conference in person, you can choose the “Paper only” option when you submit your paper or register.
See AUTHORS GUIDELINES here
- Early Bird Registration fee – $329 (Until February 01, 2018)
- Normal Registration fee – $389 (February 02 – March 07, 2018)
- Late Registration fee – $439 (March 08 – March 21, 2018)
- Attending only (without paper) – $289 (Until March 21, 2018)
- Virtual presentation – $249 (Until March 21, 2018)
- Student – $249 (Until March 21, 2018)
- Paper only (without attending) – $79 (Until March 21, 2018)
RAIS Journal of Social Sciences
ISSN 2574-0245 (Print)
ISSN 2574-1179 (Online)
The Journal will be indexed soon
Two issues per year
INVITATION LETTER AND VISA
The invitation letter can be sent to the author only after the Registration Fee has been paid. The invitation letter can be sent via email for free. If the author needs a printed invitation letter sent through mail then the author needs to pay the expenses required (e.g Postal and Notary expenses). We cannot assure you that the US Embassy will approve your visa request and we cannot contact or intervene with any Embassy or Consulate office abroad on your behalf so please begin your visa application process as soon as you determined to attend. You can find more information here: