Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center is located on the campus of Georgetown University in Washington, DC, easily accessible from the area airports, Union Station and major highways. For general information, you can visit the DC Neighborhood Guide.
Getting to WashingtonD.C. by plane
Washington, D.C. is served by three major airports:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is closest to campus (6 miles, or about 15 minutes by car or taxi). The airport is also connected to the city’s metro system via the blue and yellow lines (stop is Ronald Reagan Washington National).
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) is about 25 miles from campus.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is about 40 miles from campus.
Getting to Washington D.C. by train
You can also arrive in the city by train. Union Station is the nearest railroad station, and there are daily Amtrak and Acela trains connecting D.C. to cities along the East Coast. Union Station is approximately 5 miles from campus and is connected to the city’s metro system via the red line (stop is Union Station).
Getting to campus
- Cabs are usually available at the Main Gates to the campus near the intersection of 37th and O Streets NW. Additional cabs are frequently available near the entrance to the Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center (3800 Reservoir Rd NW). A typical cab ride to the Smithsonian museums, the National Mall, and the restaurants in downtown D.C. will cost no more than $20.
- Uber is widely used in the city. If you have the Uber app on your smartphone, a car is usually available for pick-up within 5 minutes.
- Public transportation. There are two Metro stations within 2 miles of campus: Dupont Circle (red line) and Rosslyn (blue, orange, and silver). The metro is a convenient and inexpensive way to explore the D.C. area. A number of Metro buses serve the Georgetown neighborhood and can get you to nearby metro stations and to other neighborhoods in the city.
- The Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) buses drive regularly between campus and nearby metro stations, including Dupont Circle and Rosslyn. GUTS buses are free to ride for Georgetown visitors.
For additional information, you can explore: